Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jennrain Believes

This blog is a place for me to share what I believe with you. Because learning is the core of growth I hope that this space will be a learning experience for you. Although some of what you read here will constitute some opinion, I hope to bring insightful, fact based information on topics that will help you learn more about yourself. Most importantly, I hope that you carefully ponder what you read and use it to grow strong.
There are some very important beliefs that I hold to be my truths. This is the place from which I speak to you:

I believe you are complete and whole just as you are. I believe you have all the skills, strengths, wisdom and love inside of you. This is your whole heart. This heart is there when you are not there for yourself. It does not fail you.

I believe that if we are damaged or hurt by others we can uncover a layer of our self and find a stronger, newer layer underneath. This uncovering takes hard work, insight, strength, desire and love.

I believe we are not our mistake. We are the choice we make as a result of that mistake. It is important to always do the next right thing.

I believe that we are motivated by our desire to achieve. Our desire to achieve goodness, joy, love, friendship, contentment, wealth, and success motivate us to change.

I believe that we are complex and only we truly know who we are. We are different in every way and that is what makes us special. There is a spectrum of goodness and badness, male and female, strong and weak. We move along this spectrum throughout our lives, sometimes settling where we were meant to be and sometimes testing others. Once we are where we belong, if we can get quiet long enough, we will know it.

I believe that our environment can change us and that we can change our environment. Our culture and ethnicity can be who we are but it can also be taught to us. We can change our life space and change who shares that space with us.

I also believe that as we change, the world around us changes. Sometimes it is our responsibility to help the world change, by sharing our experiences or speaking out on behalf of others. Sometimes our world changes because we change. Either way, our change causes a ripple. This ripple can change the world around us.